You can also divide a single cell of a table into multiple cells. For example, you can divide a single cell into multiple cells to create table subheadings etc. To divide or split a single cell into multiple cells, one of the following ways is used.
- Select the cell you want to divide into multiple cells.
- Right click the mouse and select "Split Cells" from the popup menu.
- Click Table menu and select "Split Cells" from the drop down menu.
- Click "Tables and Borders" button, "Tables and Borders" toolbar appears. Click "Split Cells" button.
If one of the above commands is selected, "Split Cells" dialog box will be displayed as shown below.
- Enter number of columns and rows; you want to create in the selected cell.
- Click "OK" button of the "Split Cells" dialog box.