Malicious code (also called vandals) is a new breed of Internet threat that cannot be efficiently controlled by conventional antivirus software alone. In contrast to viruses that require a user to execute a program in order to cause damage, vandals are auto-executable applications.
As Very understood, a simple user would not Open Any malicious file untill or unless he is forced or Phished to do so.
Therefore, Here is The way How to Create a Malicious code Within an scrap document so that A SImple user Cannot Identify It.
- Make a copy of Notepad.exe and place it on your desktop.
- Open Wordpad.
- Click and drag the copy of Notepad.exe you placed on the desktop into the open Wordpad document.
- Next, click on Edit, Package Object, Edit Package.
- Then click on Edit, Command Line.
- At the command-line prompt, type a command such as dir c: /p; then click on OK.
- You can now change the icon if so desired.
- Exit from the edit window, and the document will be updated.
- Click and drag Notepad.exe back to the desktop.
- The file will have taken the name Scrap; rename it ImportantMessage.txt.
- Click on ImportantMessage.txt and observe the results. You should notice that the scrap produced a directory listing of the C drive. If you were a malicious hacker, you could have just as easily set up the command to reformat the hard drive or erase all the system files.