BLANK is a WP starter theme brought to you from the developers behind Digging Into Wordpress.It is is a theme with more functionality than your typical starter/basic theme, but with almost none of the styling.
In an effort to inspire more WordPress theme designers to embrace HTML 5 they have also released an HTML5 version of Blank, you will find the page link below.
- • It’s XHTML 1.0 STRICT and validates.
- • The sidebar is widget-ready.
- • Page titles are optimized for best SEO and readability/usability.
- • Functions.php file does a number of things: Sets up RSS ’s in the head automatically, loads jQuery and registers the sidebar widget area.
- • Its CSS uses a basic star-selector reset.
- • Has basic toolbox and WordPress-standard CSS classes, including .screen-reader-text for hiding things.
- • Standard typography-related sectors are there but generally without any attributes.
- • CSS for threaded comments is in there, but light on actual styling.
- • Both screen and print styles included in single stylesheet. Print styles optimized for generic nice printing.
- Demo & Download PageThe purpose of this theme, as with all the others on this page, is to allow you to rapidly build and deploy WordPress driven web sites. Simon has a flexible and basic two-column layout, with quite a lot of features, here are some of them:Features:
- • It makes use of the 960.gs Grid
- • Uses Blueprints Typography Framework
- • Widget ready sidebar.
- • It has a Featured Post on the Homepage.
- • Title Tags have been optimised for SEO.
- • Threaded Comments.
Starkers is free of all style, presentational elements, and non-semantic markup: All non-semantic, presentational class names (e.g: class=“center”, class=“alignleft”) have been removed; all non-semantic, presentational HTML elements (e.g: hr, br) have been removed; all unnecessary elements have been removed (e.g: div class=“entry”disappears entirely and h3 class=“comments” simply becomes h3).
Elements have been converted where necessary (e.g: small becomes p) and some IDs have been kept intact (such as h3 id=“respond”) to preserve functionality.
Browser defaults have been reset in the stylesheet (based on the YUI Reset) to provide a true “clean slate”.Demo & Download Page